VII REGIONAL CONFERENCE
On behalf of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex International Association for Latin America and the Caribbean (ILGALAC) Regional Council and the host organization, the National Network of Sexual Diversity (REDNAS in spanish), along with its partner social organizations, we are pleased to invite you to attend the VII ILGALAC Regional Conference, to be held in the City of Guatemala, from November 16th to 19th, 2017.
ILGALAC Regional Conferences are currently a benchmark for the LGBTI world. At these meetings, hundreds of civil society representatives, civil servants, legislators, academics, and representatives of multilateral agencies get together to share their views on and discuss about the state of our community in the region.
This event is the highest decision-making body of ILGALAC with regard to internal operations, the election of new members, the adoption of fundamental decisions and campaigns for our agendas, agreeing on an annual work plan, etc.
Main objectives of the Conference:
- Sharing experiences;
- Identifying strategies;
- Outlining new projects;
- Forging alliances;
- Electing the Regional Board and the next host city and organization for the Regional Conference 2019.
The conference will be preceded by some pre-conferences that will start on November 16th. We will soon share information about them.
ILGALAC gives grants to activists that otherwise would not be able to participate in the conference due to financial reasons. If you think you are eligible for a grant, you can apply for it through this registration form.
On behalf of ILGALAC Regional Board, we are sending you the first message of three, concerning the conference, whereby we ask all ILGALAC full-member organizations to send us:
- Proposals for the 2017-2017 Strategic Plan to be addressed at the conference.
- Nomination of candidates for the ILGALAC Regional Board.
- Nomination of host cities and organizations for the 2019 Regional Conference.
The Regional Conference is a unique occasion for members to shape the work of the Association, including the election of their leaders and the construction of the Strategic Plan. As established by the Standing Orders, the deadline given to full-members for submission of proposals and nominations is August 24th, 2007. Proposals and nominations are to be submitted through a questionnaire which will be active on our website. On September 7th, ILGALAC Office will be sending the submitted proposals to all member organizations, along with a preliminary agenda, in a second message. Member organizations of ILGALAC will then have 4 weeks to react to these proposals and put forward their amendments to them. These amendments should be sent to the ILGALAC Office in Buenos Aires no later than 6 weeks before the Conference (Octobre 19th). The final agenda will be sent in a third message delivered to you on Octubre 26th.
We encourage you to navigate our website [ www.ilga-lac.org ] so as to obtain updated information on the conference.
In accordance with the Article 2.1 of the Standing Orders, the following schedule includes dates and deadlines for the submission of proposals:
- Call for submission of nominations (from the Office): August 3rd, 2017.
- Submission of nominations (to the Office): until August 24th, 2017.
- Release of the preliminary agenda with proposals (by the Office): 10 weeks.
- Release of the final agenda (by the Office): 3 weeks.
Other relevant deadlines:
- Grant application: from July 15th to August 15th.
- Workshop proposals: from July 15th to August 15th.
- Registration and payment of participation fees: until October 15th.The agenda of the Conference and the workshops will be released by the end of September.
We look forward to seeing you in the City of Guatemala!